- Estimating development tasks as a member of the development team.
- Writing code and tests as a member of the development team.
- Reviewing other team members’ code.
- Coordinating the team to integrate their work to deliver successful sprints.
- Helping to break down business-case requirements into development tasks.
- The role has the potential for more leadership responsibility in the future.
Ideally, you have:
- A passion for software development and pride in the code you craft.
- Expert knowledge of modern PHP development with:
modern MVC frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, Code Igniter (ideally Laravel).
Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming.
Experience in developing testable code with unit tests.
Experience with composer, PHPUnit & phpspec experience;
AJAX obviously, and any Angular 1.x experience will be particularly beneficial.
Some exposure to Node with Express JS.
Experience developing Web Applications using HTML5, CSS3 and responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap.
A good understanding of REST and REST API design.
Experience with integration of third-party APIs.
Experience working under pressure in an agile environment (ideally SCRUM).
Strong git and gitflow experience.
Practical debugging know-how (diagnosing legacy code issues).
Attention to detail without losing sight of the overall business context.
Ability to confidently and constructively review other team members’ code without conflict.
Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of stakeholders in the business.
Minimum required qualifications:
Bachelor in Computer Science or related engineering or technical discipline.
Min of 4 to 5 years of web application development
PHP experience should be over 3 years.
MySQL database experience is a must.